It’s Top 10 Tuesday and we’ve got a “treat” for you this week! We’ve listed the best places to get a donut (or do you spell it doughnut?!) around the island!
I have some pretty “sweet” childhood memories spinning in brown chairs and snacking on the famous-when-I-younger walnut crunches and Robin’s Eggs donuts when my Dad and I would visit at Robin’s Donuts at the old Harewood Mall in Nanaimo. When we came up with the idea for this post, I realized that donuts were a pretty important part of my childhood and I’ve always felt like they were just the best treat.
- Billy G’s Donuts, Coombs, BC
- Bigfoot Donuts, Courtenay, BC
- Empire Donuts, Victoria, BC
- Yonni’s Doughnuts, Victoria, BC
- Rhino Tofino, Tofino, BC
- The Donut Shop, Port Alberni, BC
- Cumberland Village Bakery, Cumberland, BC
- Mad Dawg Donuts, Nanaimo, BC
- Perks Donuts, Campbell River, BC
- Columbia Bakery, Nanaimo, BC
Growing up, my Dad worked shift work and would often leave me a donut for breakfast when he got home from night shift. We both love this memory and, fast forward to today, he was thrilled to help me research this post! In our research, we discovered we are clearly not the only ones who love donuts… All the donut shops on our list often sell out quickly (trust me, I had to go back a few times to complete my research) so be sure to go grab a donut early! To learn more about why this is our Top 10 List, read on below!