We recently went to the Kinsmen Beer Festival in Nanaimo. Being a Beer Fest newbie, I thought I’d let you know what to expect, tell you about my experience there, and share some upcoming beer fests. Continue reading “Try this: Attend a Local Craft Beer Fest”
It’s Top 10 Tuesday again, still a favourite day of the week for us! If you have missed any of our lists, find them here: https://wp.me/p9C7A4-5O. We’ve listed best spas, best farmer’s markets, best coffee places, best taco tuesday places, and more!
This week, we’re listing the Island’s Best Craft Breweries! There was so much enthusiasm for our Top 10 Island’s Pubs List and we wanted to make sure our local, awesome breweries got the attention they deserved as well! With this list, we went back to visit some of our favs and hope to give you some new ideas of places to go check out!
- Loveshack Libations, Qualicum, BC
- Cumberland Brewing Company, Cumberland, BC
- Red Arrow Brewing Company, Duncan, BC
- Mount Arrowsmith Brewing, Parksville, BC
- Moon Under Water Brewery, Victoria, BC
- Beach Fire Brewing, Campbell River, BC
- Salt Spring Island Ales, Salt Spring Island, BC
- Riot Brewing Co., Chemainus, BC
- Tofino Brewing Co., Tofino, BC
- Twin City Brewing Company, Port Alberni, BC
Each brewery is its own unique little place and our Island breweries create some of the most innovative and tasty brews I’ve had anywhere. Whether you’re following the BC Ale Trail or just happen upon one of these gems, you’re guaranteed to have a fun time, sampling the beers and enjoying the atmosphere. To learn more about why this is our Top 10 list, read on below!
It’s Top 10 Tuesday again, one of our favourite days of the week! If you missed last week’s list, find it here: https://wp.me/p9C7A4-5O
This week, we’re listing the Island’s Best Pubs! Where do you go to eat, drink, and enjoy? With this list, we’ve thought of some of our favs and hope to give you some new ideas of places to go check out!
- Crow & Gate, Yellowpoint, BC
- Fernwood Inn, Victoria, BC
- Craig Street Brew Pub, Duncan, BC
- Riptide Marine Pub, Campbell River, BC
- Longwood Brew Pub, Nanaimo, BC
- Canoe Brew Pub, Victoria, BC
- Jake’s at the Lake, Lake Cowichan, BC
- 17 Mile House Pub, Sooke, BC
- Heriot Bay Inn & Pub, Quadra Island, BC
- Rocking Horse Pub, Nanoose, BC
In their own unique ways, these pubs offer a great atmosphere, delicious food, and fun & varied drink options, including their own brews on tap! To learn more about why this is our Top 10 list, read on below!
Who says birthday parties are just for kids? Not me! In fact, I still have a few annual birthday rituals and having a party is one that hasn’t changed since I was a kid!
While the type of party has certainly changed and the beverage of choice has shifted from Orange Crush or Rootbeer to something more “adult” (read: generally containing alcohol), I still honour some of the birthday traditions I started as a kid. For instance, I almost always take the day off. These days, a free day to sleep in, move at a leisurely pace, and not worry about the office is a pretty wonderful gift to give yourself! Continue reading “Try this: Celebrate your birthday with a private tasting at a local brewery”