It’s Top 10 Tuesday once again and this week we’ve got our list of the best playgrounds on Vancouver Island! With summer here now (finally!), we’re happy to share the top spots on the island to take your kids and let them PLAY!
- Lion’s Venture Land Playground & Waterpark, Parksville, BC
- Transfer Beach, Ladysmith, BC
- Cadboro-Gyro Park, Victoria, BC
- Barsby Park, Nanaimo, BC
- Maffeo-Sutton Park, Nanaimo, BC
- Centennial Park, Duncan, BC
- Oliver Woods Park, Nanaimo, BC
- Glen Lake, Langford, BC
- Marina Park, Comox, BC
- Willow Point Park, Campbell River, BC
What could better than a day at the beach… with a playground… and a splash park?! We have some amazing places for kids to play on Vancouver Island. We say just pack a lunch, bring some blankets, and get ready to spend a day chillin’ at the playground. To learn more about why this is our Top 10 List, read on below!
Continue reading “Top 10 List: The Best Playgrounds for fun summer days!”
Celebrating Mother’s Day today with my Mom and my family, I couldn’t help but think about everything Moms do for their families. I’m quite certain everyone describes their Mom as a super hero and we’re all right about that! Moms really do hold so many different job titles, like Counsellor, Chauffeur, Banker, Hair Stylist, Referee, Chef, Mentor, Event Coordinator, Teacher, and Nurse (and I don’t believe for a second that is all of them!).
While I’m not a mom myself, I’m surrounded by some of the most amazing Moms ever. My family, my friends, and my coworkers all have the best, funniest, craziest, and ridiculous stories about their kids. I love hearing all of them! I also love being there for all the Moms in my life when they need to get away 😉
Continue reading “Try This: Run in a Race on a Weekend Getaway!”
Kicking off our Top 10 Lists is a list of the top spa experiences around the Island for pure relaxation, rejuvenation, and quality ME time.
- Tigh-Na-Mara Resort & Grotto Spa, Parksville, BC
- Kingfisher Resort & Pacific Mist Spa, Courtenay, BC
- Bear Mountain Resort & Sante Spa, Victoria, BC
- Black Rock Oceanfront Resort & Drift Spa, Ucluelet, BC
- Old House Hotel & Ohspa, Courtenay, BC
- Pure Spa, Coast Hotel, Nanaimo, BC
- Villa Eyrie Resort & Tuscan Spa, Malahat, BC (near Victoria)
- Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, Sidney, BC
- Wickaninnish Inn & Ancient Cedars Spa, Tofino, BC
- Galiano Oceanfront Inn & Madrona del Mar Spa, Galiano Island, BC
Each spa has its own distinct features and each one ultimately celebrates our beautiful Island in very cool ways. To learn more about why this is our Top 10 List, read on below!
Continue reading “Top 10 List: Island Spa Experiences”
I’m a fan of Sunday Fundays. Somehow that label makes whatever you do that day more fun and I love how basically everything qualifies as a Sunday Funday. Sometimes it’s a movie day in bed or a picnic in the park and sometimes it’s a game at the field or a random adventure to somewhere we haven’t been yet. One day, my niece called me and asked if I could take her horseback riding and it seemed like a perfect thing to do on a Sunday Funday.
I decided I wanted to take my niece on a whole day adventure, hopefully ending with the horseback ride. I didn’t want to wander too far from home but wanted to get outside and explore a bit. My niece is adventurous so I knew she’d be happy with my plan. She also LOVES animals (hence the horseback ride request!) and I decided to work with that. Continue reading “Day Trip: Sunday Funday Kid Adventure”